• Crimping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Crimp
• Crimp Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Easily crumbled; friable; brittle.
- (a.) Weak; inconsistent; contradictory.
- (n.) Hair which has been crimped; -- usually in pl.
- (v. t.) To pinch and hold; to seize.
- (n.) A keeper of a low lodging house where sailors and emigrants are entrapped and fleeced.
- (n.) One who decoys or entraps men into the military or naval service.
- (v. t.) To fold or plait in regular undulation in such a way that the material will retain the shape intended; to give a wavy appearance to; as, to crimp the border of a cap; to crimp a ruffle. Cf. Crisp.
- (v. t.) to entrap into the military or naval service; as, to crimp seamen.
- (n.) A coal broker.
- (v. t.) To cause to contract, or to render more crisp, as the flesh of a fish, by gashing it, when living, with a knife; as, to crimp skate, etc.
- (n.) A game at cards.
- (v. t.) In cartridge making, to fold the edge of (a cartridge case) inward so as to close the mouth partly and confine the charge.