• Dean Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The collegiate officer in the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, England, who, besides other duties, has regard to the moral condition of the college.
- (n.) The head or presiding officer in the faculty of some colleges or universities.
- (n.) A dignitary or presiding officer in certain ecclesiastical and lay bodies; esp., an ecclesiastical dignitary, subordinate to a bishop.
- (n.) A registrar or secretary of the faculty in a department of a college, as in a medical, or theological, or scientific department.
- (n.) The chief or senior of a company on occasion of ceremony; as, the dean of the diplomatic corps; -- so called by courtesy.
• Deaneries Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Deanery
• Deanship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The office of a dean.