Decree Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Decree meaning in French décret. Decree meaning has been search 3987 (three thousand nine hundred and eighty-seven) times till 12/7/2021. You can also find Decree meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) An edict or law made by a council for regulating any business within their jurisdiction; as, the decrees of ecclesiastical councils.
- (n.) A decision, order, or sentence, given in a cause by a court of equity or admiralty.
- (n.) A determination or judgment of an umpire on a case submitted to him.
- (v. t.) To ordain by fate.
- (v. i.) To make decrees; -- used absolutely.
- (n.) An order from one having authority, deciding what is to be done by a subordinate; also, a determination by one having power, deciding what is to be done or to take place; edict, law; authoritative ru// decision.
- (v. t.) To determine judicially by authority, or by decree; to constitute by edict; to appoint by decree or law; to determine; to order; to ordain; as, a court decrees a restoration of property.
Multi Language Dictionary