• Depose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lay down; to divest ones self of; to lay aside.
- (v. t.) To let fall; to deposit.
- (v. i.) To bear witness; to testify under oath; to make deposition.
- (v. t.) To testify under oath; to bear testimony to; -- now usually said of bearing testimony which is officially written down for future use.
- (v. t.) To put under oath.
- (v. t.) To remove from a throne or other high station; to dethrone; to divest or deprive of office.
• Deposed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Depose