• Depressing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Depress
• Depress Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cast a gloom upon; to sadden; as, his spirits were depressed.
- (v. t.) To bring down or humble; to abase, as pride.
- (v. t.) To lessen in price; to cause to decline in value; to cheapen; to depreciate.
- (v. t.) To press down; to cause to sink; to let fall; to lower; as, to depress the muzzle of a gun; to depress the eyes.
- (a.) Having the middle lower than the border; concave.
- (v. t.) To lessen the activity of; to make dull; embarrass, as trade, commerce, etc.
- (v. t.) To reduce (an equation) in a lower degree.
• Depressingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a depressing manner.