• Depression Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Diminution, as of trade, etc.; inactivity; dullness.
- (n.) The act of depressing.
- (n.) The operation of reducing to a lower degree; -- said of equations.
- (n.) A method of operating for cataract; couching. See Couch, v. t., 8.
- (n.) Humiliation; abasement, as of pride.
- (n.) A falling in of the surface; a sinking below its true place; a cavity or hollow; as, roughness consists in little protuberances and depressions.
- (n.) The state of being depressed; a sinking.
- (n.) Dejection; despondency; lowness.
- (n.) The angular distance of a celestial object below the horizon.