Desolate Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Desolate meaning in French se désoler. Desolate meaning has been search 6587 (six thousand five hundred and eighty-seven) times till 10/15/2021. You can also find Desolate meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To make desolate; to leave alone; to deprive of inhabitants; as, the earth was nearly desolated by the flood.
- (a.) Left alone; forsaken; lonely; comfortless.
- (a.) Destitute of; lacking in.
- (a.) Destitute or deprived of inhabitants; deserted; uninhabited; hence, gloomy; as, a desolate isle; a desolate wilderness; a desolate house.
- (a.) Lost to shame; dissolute.
- (v. t.) To lay waste; to ruin; to ravage; as, a fire desolates a city.
- (a.) Laid waste; in a ruinous condition; neglected; destroyed; as, desolate altars.
Multi Language Dictionary