• Detached Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Detach
- (a.) Separate; unconnected, or imperfectly connected; as, detached parcels.
• Detach Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To separate for a special object or use; -- used especially in military language; as, to detach a ship from a fleet, or a company from a regiment.
- (v. i.) To push asunder; to come off or separate from anything; to disengage.
- (v. t.) To part; to separate or disunite; to disengage; -- the opposite of attach; as, to detach the coats of a bulbous root from each other; to detach a man from a leader or from a party.