Diet Meaning in Spanish
You have searched the English word Diet meaning in Spanish régimen. Diet meaning has been search 3967 (three thousand nine hundred and sixty-seven) times till 5/25/2022. You can also find Diet meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To eat; to take ones meals.
- (n.) A legislative or administrative assembly in Germany, Poland, and some other countries of Europe; a deliberative convention; a council; as, the Diet of Worms, held in 1521.
- (n.) A course of food selected with reference to a particular state of health; prescribed allowance of food; regimen prescribed.
- (n.) Course of living or nourishment; what is eaten and drunk habitually; food; victuals; fare.
- (v. t.) To cause to take food; to feed.
- (v. i.) To eat according to prescribed rules; to ear sparingly; as, the doctor says he must diet.
- (v. t.) To cause to eat and drink sparingly, or by prescribed rules; to regulate medicinally the food of.
- (n.) Occasionally, the Reichstag of the German Empire, Reichsrath of the Austrian Empire, the federal legislature of Switzerland, etc.
- (n.) The legislature of Denmark, Sweden, Japan, or Hungary.
- (n.) Any of various national or local assemblies;
- (n.) The federative assembly of the old Germanic Confederation (1815 -- 66).
- (n.) The state assembly or any of various local assemblies in the states of the German Empire, as the legislature (Landtag) of the kingdom of Prussia, and the Diet of the Circle (Kreistag) in its local government.
- (n.) In the old German or Holy Roman Empire, the great formal assembly of counselors (the Imperial Diet or Reichstag) or a small, local, or informal assembly of a similar kind (the Court Diet, or Hoftag).
- (n.) The local legislature (Landtag) of an Austrian province.
Multi Language Dictionary