• Dining Definition & Synonyms
- (n. & a.) from Dine, a.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dine
• Din Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To utter with a din; to repeat noisily; to ding.
- (n.) Loud, confused, harsh noise; a loud, continuous, rattling or clanging sound; clamor; roar.
- (v. i.) To sound with a din; a ding.
- (n.) To strike with confused or clanging sound; to stun with loud and continued noise; to harass with clamor; as, to din the ears with cries.
- (imp.) of Do
• Dine Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To eat the principal regular meal of the day; to take dinner.
- (v. t.) To dine upon; to have to eat.
- (v. t.) To give a dinner to; to furnish with the chief meal; to feed; as, to dine a hundred men.