Disdain Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Disdain meaning in French mépris. Disdain meaning has been search 3515 (three thousand five hundred and fifteen) times till 11/27/2021. You can also find Disdain meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To be filled with scorn; to feel contemptuous anger; to be haughty.
- (v. t.) A feeling of contempt and aversion; the regarding anything as unworthy of or beneath one; scorn.
- (v. t.) To think unworthy; to deem unsuitable or unbecoming; as, to disdain to do a mean act.
- (v. t.) That which is worthy to be disdained or regarded with contempt and aversion.
- (v. t.) The state of being despised; shame.
- (v. t.) To reject as unworthy of ones self, or as not deserving ones notice; to look with scorn upon; to scorn, as base acts, character, etc.
Multi Language Dictionary