• Diverted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Divert
• Divert Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To turn aside; to turn off from any course or intended application; to deflect; as, to divert a river from its channel; to divert commerce from its usual course.
- (v. i.) To turn aside; to digress.
- (v. t.) To turn away from any occupation, business, or study; to cause to have lively and agreeable sensations; to amuse; to entertain; as, children are diverted with sports; men are diverted with works of wit and humor.