Do Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Do meaning in French do. Do meaning has been search 5830 (five thousand eight hundred and thirty) times till 5/25/2022. You can also find Do meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To succeed; to avail; to answer the purpose; to serve; as, if no better plan can be found, he will make this do.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To make ready for an object, purpose, or use, as food by cooking; to cook completely or sufficiently; as, the meat is done on one side only.
- (n.) A syllable attached to the first tone of the major diatonic scale for the purpose of solmization, or solfeggio. It is the first of the seven syllables used by the Italians as manes of musical tones, and replaced, for the sake of euphony, the syllable Ut, applied to the note C. In England and America the same syllables are used by mane as a scale pattern, while the tones in respect to absolute pitch are named from the first seven letters of the alphabet.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To bring to an end by action; to perform completely; to finish; to accomplish; -- a sense conveyed by the construction, which is that of the past participle done.
- (n.) Deed; act; fear.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To bring about; to produce, as an effect or result; to effect; to achieve.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To cheat; to gull; to overreach.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To perform, as an action; to execute; to transact to carry out in action; as, to do a good or a bad act; do our duty; to do what I can.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To see or inspect; to explore; as, to do all the points of interest.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To cause; to make; -- with an infinitive.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To place; to put.
- (n.) Ado; bustle; stir; to do.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To cash or to advance money for, as a bill or note.
- (v. t. / auxiliary) To put or bring into a form, state, or condition, especially in the phrases, to do death, to put to death; to slay; to do away (often do away with), to put away; to remove; to do on, to put on; to don; to do off, to take off, as dress; to doff; to do into, to put into the form of; to translate or transform into, as a text.
- (n.) A cheat; a swindle.
- (v. i.) To fare; to be, as regards health; as, they asked him how he did; how do you do to-day?
- (v. i.) To act or behave in any manner; to conduct ones self.
- (v. t.) To perform work upon, about, for, or at, by way of caring for, looking after, preparing, cleaning, keeping in order, or the like.
- (v. t.) To deal with for good and all; to finish up; to undo; to ruin; to do for.
Multi Language Dictionary