Drink Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Drink meaning in French boisson. Drink meaning has been search 4558 (four thousand five hundred and fifty-eight) times till 5/22/2022. You can also find Drink meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To swallow (a liquid); to receive, as a fluid, into the stomach; to imbibe; as, to drink milk or water.
- (v. t.) To take in (a liquid), in any manner; to suck up; to absorb; to imbibe.
- (n.) Specifically, intoxicating liquor; as, when drink is on, wit is out.
- (v. i.) To swallow anything liquid, for quenching thirst or other purpose; to imbibe; to receive or partake of, as if in satisfaction of thirst; as, to drink from a spring.
- (n.) Liquid to be swallowed; any fluid to be taken into the stomach for quenching thirst or for other purposes, as water, coffee, or decoctions.
- (v. t.) To take in; to receive within one, through the senses; to inhale; to hear; to see.
- (v. i.) To quaff exhilarating or intoxicating liquors, in merriment or feasting; to carouse; to revel; hence, to lake alcoholic liquors to excess; to be intemperate in the /se of intoxicating or spirituous liquors; to tipple.
- (v. t.) To smoke, as tobacco.
Multi Language Dictionary