• Emancipating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Emancipate
• Emancipate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Set at liberty.
- (v. t.) To set free from the power of another; to liberate; as: (a) To set free, as a minor from a parent; as, a father may emancipate a child. (b) To set free from bondage; to give freedom to; to manumit; as, to emancipate a slave, or a country.
- (v. t.) To free from any controlling influence, especially from anything which exerts undue or evil influence; as, to emancipate one from prejudices or error.