Engage Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Engage meaning in French engager. Engage meaning has been search 5765 (five thousand seven hundred and sixty-five) times till 10/17/2021. You can also find Engage meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To come into gear with; as, the teeth of one cogwheel engage those of another, or one part of a clutch engages the other part.
- (v. t.) To gain for service; to bring in as associate or aid; to enlist; as, to engage friends to aid in a cause; to engage men for service.
- (v. t.) To enter into contest with; to encounter; to bring to conflict.
- (v. i.) To promise or pledge ones self; to enter into an obligation; to become bound; to warrant.
- (v. t.) To put under pledge; to pledge; to place under obligations to do or forbear doing something, as by a pledge, oath, or promise; to bind by contract or promise.
- (v. i.) To embark in a business; to take a part; to employ or involve ones self; to devote attention and effort; to enlist; as, to engage in controversy.
- (v. t.) To employ the attention and efforts of; to occupy; to engross; to draw on.
- (v. i.) To be in gear, as two cogwheels working together.
- (v. t.) To gain over; to win and attach; to attract and hold; to draw.
- (v. i.) To enter into conflict; to join battle; as, the armies engaged in a general battle.
Multi Language Dictionary