• Expect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To look for (mentally); to look forward to, as to something that is believed to be about to happen or come; to have a previous apprehension of, whether of good or evil; to look for with some confidence; to anticipate; -- often followed by an infinitive, sometimes by a clause (with, or without, that); as, I expect to receive wages; I expect that the troops will be defeated.
- (v. t.) To wait for; to await.
- (n.) Expectation.
- (v. t.) To wait; to stay.
• Expecter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who expects.
• Expectorative Definition & Synonyms
- (a. & n.) Same as Expectorant.