• Familiar Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An intimate; a companion.
- (a.) Closely acquainted or intimate, as a friend or companion; well versed in, as any subject of study; as, familiar with the Scriptures.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a family; domestic.
- (n.) An attendant demon or evil spirit.
- (a.) Improperly acquainted; wrongly intimate.
- (a.) Characterized by, or exhibiting, the manner of an intimate friend; not formal; unconstrained; easy; accessible.
- (n.) A confidential officer employed in the service of the tribunal, especially in apprehending and imprisoning the accused.
- (a.) Well known; well understood; common; frequent; as, a familiar illustration.
• Familiarities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Familiarity
• Familiarness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Familiarity.