• Fear Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which causes, or which is the object of, apprehension or alarm; source or occasion of terror; danger; dreadfulness.
- (n.) To affright; to terrify; to drive away or prevent approach of by fear.
- (n.) A painful emotion or passion excited by the expectation of evil, or the apprehension of impending danger; apprehension; anxiety; solicitude; alarm; dread.
- (n.) To be anxious or solicitous for.
- (n.) A variant of Fere, a mate, a companion.
- (v. i.) To be in apprehension of evil; to be afraid; to feel anxiety on account of some expected evil.
- (n.) To have a reverential awe of; to solicitous to avoid the displeasure of.
- (n.) To suspect; to doubt.
- (n.) Respectful reverence for men of authority or worth.
- (n.) Apprehension of incurring, or solicitude to avoid, Gods wrath; the trembling and awful reverence felt toward the Supreme Belng.
- (n.) To feel a painful apprehension of; to be afraid of; to consider or expect with emotion of alarm or solicitude.
• Fearful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) inclined to fear; easily frightened; without courage; timid.
- (a.) Full of fear, apprehension, or alarm; afraid; frightened.
- (a.) Inspiring fear or awe; exciting apprehension or terror; terrible; frightful; dreadful.
- (a.) Indicating, or caused by, fear.