• Fender Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t. & i.) Anything serving as a cushion to lessen the shock when a vessel comes in contact with another vessel or a wharf.
- (v. t. & i.) One who or that which defends or protects by warding off harm
- (v. t. & i.) A screen to protect a carriage from mud thrown off the wheels: also, a splashboard.
- (v. t. & i.) Anything set up to protect an exposed angle, as of a house, from damage by carriage wheels.
- (v. t. & i.) A screen to prevent coals or sparks of an open fire from escaping to the floor.