• Ferry Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To pass over water in a boat or by a ferry.
- (v. t.) A vessel in which passengers and goods are conveyed over narrow waters; a ferryboat; a wherry.
- (v. t.) A place where persons or things are carried across a river, arm of the sea, etc., in a ferryboat.
- (v. t.) To carry or transport over a river, strait, or other narrow water, in a boat.
- (v. t.) A franchise or right to maintain a vessel for carrying passengers and freight across a river, bay, etc., charging tolls.
• Ferryman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who maintains or attends a ferry.
• Ferrying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ferry