• Fiction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Fictitious literature; comprehensively, all works of imagination; specifically, novels and romances.
- (n.) Any like assumption made for convenience, as for passing more rapidly over what is not disputed, and arriving at points really at issue.
- (n.) The act of feigning, inventing, or imagining; as, by a mere fiction of the mind.
- (n.) An assumption of a possible thing as a fact, irrespective of the question of its truth.
- (n.) That which is feigned, invented, or imagined; especially, a feigned or invented story, whether oral or written. Hence: A story told in order to deceive; a fabrication; -- opposed to fact, or reality.
• Fictionist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A writer of fiction.