• Forestalling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forestall
• Forestall Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To obstruct or stop up, as a way; to stop the passage of on highway; to intercept on the road, as goods on the way to market.
- (v. t.) To take possession of, in advance of some one or something else, to the exclusion or detriment of the latter; to get ahead of; to preoccupy; also, to exclude, hinder, or prevent, by prior occupation, or by measures taken in advance.
- (v. t.) To deprive; -- with of.
- (v. t.) To take beforehand, or in advance; to anticipate.