Fume Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Fume meaning in French fumée. Fume meaning has been search 5564 (five thousand five hundred and sixty-four) times till 9/26/2022. You can also find Fume meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To praise inordinately; to flatter.
- (n.) The incense of praise; inordinate flattery.
- (n.) To pass off in fumes or vapors.
- (n.) To be in a rage; to be hot with anger.
- (v. t.) To throw off in vapor, or as in the form of vapor.
- (n.) Rage or excitement which deprives the mind of self-control; as, the fumes of passion.
- (n.) Anything vaporlike, unsubstantial, or airy; idle conceit; vain imagination.
- (n.) To smoke; to throw off fumes, as in combustion or chemical action; to rise up, as vapor.
- (v. t.) To expose to the action of fumes; to treat with vapors, smoke, etc.; as, to bleach straw by fuming it with sulphur; to fill with fumes, vapors, odors, etc., as a room.
- (n.) Exhalation; volatile matter (esp. noxious vapor or smoke) ascending in a dense body; smoke; vapor; reek; as, the fumes of tobacco.
- (n.) To be as in a mist; to be dulled and stupefied.
- (n.) Solid material deposited by condensation of fumes; as, lead fume (a grayish powder chiefly lead sulphate).
Multi Language Dictionary