• Gradation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any degree or relative position in an order or series.
- (n.) A gradual passing from one tint to another or from a darker to a lighter shade, as in painting or drawing.
- (n.) A diatonic ascending or descending succession of chords.
- (n.) The act or process of bringing to a certain grade.
- (v. t.) To form with gradations.
- (n.) The act of progressing by regular steps or orderly arrangement; the state of being graded or arranged in ranks; as, the gradation of castes.
• Gradational Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) By regular steps or gradations; of or pertaining to gradation.