Hisses Meaning in Spanish
You have searched the English word Hisses meaning in Spanish silbido. Hisses meaning has been search 3993 (three thousand nine hundred and ninety-three) times till 9/29/2022. You can also find Hisses meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) A prolonged sound like that letter s, made by forcing out the breath between the tongue and teeth, esp. as a token of disapprobation or contempt.
- (v. i.) To make with the mouth a prolonged sound like that of the letter s, by driving the breath between the tongue and the teeth; to make with the mouth a sound like that made by a goose or a snake when angered; esp., to make such a sound as an expression of hatred, passion, or disapproval.
- (n.) The noise made by steam escaping through a narrow orifice, or by water falling on a hot stove.
- (n.) Any sound resembling that above described
- (n.) The noise made by a serpent.
- (v. t.) To utter with a hissing sound.
- (v. i.) To make a similar noise by any means; to pass with a sibilant sound; as, the arrow hissed as it flew.
- (v. t.) To condemn or express contempt for by hissing.
- (n.) The note of a goose when irritated.
Multi Language Dictionary