• Hithe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A port or small haven; -- used in composition; as, Lambhithe, now Lambeth.
• Hither Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) To this point, source, conclusion, design, etc.; -- in a sense not physical.
- (a.) Being on the side next or toward the person speaking; nearer; -- correlate of thither and farther; as, on the hither side of a hill.
- (a.) Applied to time: On the hither side of, younger than; of fewer years than.
- (adv.) To this place; -- used with verbs signifying motion, and implying motion toward the speaker; correlate of hence and thither; as, to come or bring hither.