• Honest Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Chaste; faithful; virtuous.
- (a.) To adorn; to grace; to honor; to make becoming, appropriate, or honorable.
- (a.) Characterized by integrity or fairness and straight/forwardness in conduct, thought, speech, etc.; upright; just; equitable; trustworthy; truthful; sincere; free from fraud, guile, or duplicity; not false; -- said of persons and acts, and of things to which a moral quality is imputed; as, an honest judge or merchant; an honest statement; an honest bargain; an honest business; an honest book; an honest confession.
- (a.) Decent; honorable; suitable; becoming.
- (a.) Open; frank; as, an honest countenance.
• Honestation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of honesting; grace; adornment.