• Honorable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Performed or accompanied with marks of honor, or with testimonies of esteem; an honorable burial.
- (a.) High-minded; actuated by principles of honor, or a scrupulous regard to probity, rectitude, or reputation.
- (a.) Conferring honor, or produced by noble deeds.
- (a.) Of reputable association or use; respectable.
- (a.) Worthy of respect; regarded with esteem; to be commended; consistent with honor or rectitude.
- (a.) An epithet of respect or distinction; as, the honorable Senate; the honorable gentleman.
- (a.) Worthy of honor; fit to be esteemed or regarded; estimable; illustrious.
- (a.) Proceeding from an upright and laudable cause, or directed to a just and proper end; not base; irreproachable; fair; as, an honorable motive.
• Honorableness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being honorable; eminence; distinction.
- (n.) Conformity to the principles of honor, probity, or moral rectitude; fairness; uprightness; reputableness.