Hook Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Hook meaning in French crochet. Hook meaning has been search 4193 (four thousand one hundred and ninety-three) times till 10/19/2021. You can also find Hook meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) That part of a hinge which is fixed to a post, and on which a door or gate hangs and turns.
- (n.) A piece of metal, or other hard material, formed or bent into a curve or at an angle, for catching, holding, or sustaining anything; as, a hook for catching fish; a hook for fastening a gate; a boat hook, etc.
- (n.) An implement for cutting grass or grain; a sickle; an instrument for cutting or lopping; a billhook.
- (n.) A snare; a trap.
- (v. t.) To steal.
- (v. t.) To seize or pierce with the points of the horns, as cattle in attacking enemies; to gore.
- (n.) A field sown two years in succession.
- (n.) See Eccentric, and V-hook.
- (v. i.) To bend; to curve as a hook.
- (v. t.) To catch or fasten with a hook or hooks; to seize, capture, or hold, as with a hook, esp. with a disguised or baited hook; hence, to secure by allurement or artifice; to entrap; to catch; as, to hook a dress; to hook a trout.
- (n.) The projecting points of the thigh bones of cattle; -- called also hook bones.
- (n.) A spit or narrow cape of sand or gravel turned landward at the outer end; as, Sandy Hook.
- (v. i.) To move or go with a sudden turn;
- (v. i.) to make off; to clear out; -- often with it.
Multi Language Dictionary