• Hour Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The time of the day, as expressed in hours and minutes, and indicated by a timepiece; as, what is the hour? At what hour shall we meet?
- (n.) Certain prayers to be repeated at stated times of the day, as matins and vespers.
- (n.) The twenty-fourth part of a day; sixty minutes.
- (n.) A measure of distance traveled.
- (n.) Fixed or appointed time; conjuncture; a particular time or occasion; as, the hour of greatest peril; the man for the hour.
• Hourly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Every hour; frequently; continually.
- (a.) Happening or done every hour; occurring hour by hour; frequent; often repeated; renewed hour by hour; continual.
• Houris Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Houri