Hum Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Hum meaning in French bourdonnement. Hum meaning has been search 11465 (eleven thousand four hundred and sixty-five) times till 10/27/2021. You can also find Hum meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To flatter by approving; to cajole; to impose on; to humbug.
- (v. i.) To express satisfaction by a humming noise.
- (v. t.) To express satisfaction with by humming.
- (n.) An imposition or hoax.
- (n.) A low monotonous noise, as of bees in flight, of a swiftly revolving top, of a wheel, or the like; a drone; a buzz.
- (n.) Any inarticulate and buzzing sound
- (v. t.) To sing with shut mouth; to murmur without articulation; to mumble; as, to hum a tune.
- (n.) The confused noise of a crowd or of machinery, etc., heard at a distance; as, the hum of industry.
- (v. i.) To make a nasal sound, like that of the letter m prolonged, without opening the mouth, or articulating; to mumble in monotonous undertone; to drone.
- (interj.) A kind of strong drink formerly used.
- (v. i.) To make an inarticulate sound, like hm, through the nose in the process of speaking, from embarrassment or a affectation; to hem.
- (n.) A buzz or murmur, as of approbation.
- (interj.) An inarticulate nasal sound or murmur, like hm, uttered by a speaker in pause from embarrassment, affectation, etc.
- (interj.) Ahem; hem; an inarticulate sound uttered in a pause of speech implying doubt and deliberation.
- (v. i.) To have the sensation of a humming noise; as, my head hums, -- a pathological condition.
- (v. i.) To make a low, prolonged sound, like that of a bee in flight; to drone; to murmur; to buzz; as, a top hums.
Multi Language Dictionary