• Identify Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make to be the same; to unite or combine in such a manner as to make one; to treat as being one or having the same purpose or effect; to consider as the same in any relation.
- (v. i.) To become the same; to coalesce in interest, purpose, use, effect, etc.
- (v. t.) To establish the identity of; to prove to be the same with something described, claimed, or asserted; as, to identify stolen property.
• Identifying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Identify