• Illumination Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) That which illuminates or gives light; brightness; splendor; especially, intellectual light or knowledge.
- (n.) Adornment of books and manuscripts with colored illustrations. See Illuminate, v. t., 3.
- (n.) The act of illuminating, or supplying with light; the state of being illuminated.
- (n.) Festive decoration of houses or buildings with lights.
- (v. t.) The special communication of knowledge to the mind by God; inspiration.
- (v. t.) That which is illuminated, as a house; also, an ornamented book or manuscript.