• Intervent Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To thwart; to obstruct.
• Intervention Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act by which a third person, to protect his own interest, interposes and becomes a party to a suit pending between other parties.
- (n.) Any interference that may affect the interests of others; especially, of one or more states with the affairs of another; mediation.
- (n.) The act of intervening; interposition.
• Interventor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who intervenes; a mediator; especially (Eccles. Hist.), a person designated by a church to reconcile parties, and unite them in the choice of officers.