• Itch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An eruption of small, isolated, acuminated vesicles, produced by the entrance of a parasitic mite (the Sarcoptes scabei), and attended with itching. It is transmissible by contact.
- (v. i.) To have an uneasy sensation in the skin, which inclines the person to scratch the part affected.
- (n.) A constant irritating desire.
- (n.) A sensation in the skin occasioned (or resembling that occasioned) by the itch eruption; -- called also scabies, psora, etc.
- (n.) Any itching eruption.
- (v. i.) To have a constant desire or teasing uneasiness; to long for; as, itching ears.
• Itchy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Infected with the itch, or with an itching sensation.
• Itchiness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being itchy.