• Kicking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Kick
• Kick Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The recoil of a musket or other firearm, when discharged.
- (v. i.) To thrust out the foot or feet with violence; to strike out with the foot or feet, as in defense or in bad temper; esp., to strike backward, as a horse does, or to have a habit of doing so. Hence, figuratively: To show ugly resistance, opposition, or hostility; to spurn.
- (v. i.) To recoil; -- said of a musket, cannon, etc.
- (v. t.) To strike, thrust, or hit violently with the foot; as, a horse kicks a groom; a man kicks a dog.
- (n.) A projection in a mold, to form a depression in the surface of the brick.
- (n.) A blow with the foot or feet; a striking or thrust with the foot.
- (n.) The projection on the tang of the blade of a pocket knife, which prevents the edge of the blade from striking the spring. See Illust. of Pocketknife.