License Meaning in French
You have searched the English word License meaning in French licence. License meaning has been search 2353 (two thousand three hundred and fifty-three) times till 5/24/2022. You can also find License meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) Excess of liberty; freedom abused, or used in contempt of law or decorum; disregard of law or propriety.
- (v. t.) To permit or authorize by license; to give license to; as, to license a man to preach.
- (n.) The document granting such permission.
- (n.) That deviation from strict fact, form, or rule, in which an artist or writer indulges, assuming that it will be permitted for the sake of the advantage or effect gained; as, poetic license; grammatical license, etc.
- (n.) Authority or liberty given to do or forbear any act; especially, a formal permission from the proper authorities to perform certain acts or to carry on a certain business, which without such permission would be illegal; a grant of permission; as, a license to preach, to practice medicine, to sell gunpowder or intoxicating liquors.
Multi Language Dictionary