Melt Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Melt meaning in French fondre. Melt meaning has been search 4213 (four thousand two hundred and thirteen) times till 8/19/2022. You can also find Melt meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To dissolve; as, sugar melts in the mouth.
- (v. i.) To lose distinct form or outline; to blend.
- (v. i.) To disappear by being dispersed or dissipated; as, the fog melts away.
- (v. i.) To be changed from a solid to a liquid state under the influence of heat; as, butter and wax melt at moderate temperatures.
- (v.) To reduce from a solid to a liquid state, as by heat; to liquefy; as, to melt wax, tallow, or lead; to melt ice or snow.
- (n.) See 2d Milt.
- (v. i.) Hence: To be softened; to become tender, mild, or gentle; also, to be weakened or subdued, as by fear.
- (v.) Hence: To soften, as by a warming or kindly influence; to relax; to render gentle or susceptible to mild influences; sometimes, in a bad sense, to take away the firmness of; to weaken.
Multi Language Dictionary