Offset Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Offset meaning in French compensation. Offset meaning has been search 2566 (two thousand five hundred and sixty-six) times till 5/16/2022. You can also find Offset meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) A sum, account, or value set off against another sum or account, as an equivalent; hence, anything which is given in exchange or retaliation; a set-off.
- (v. t.) To form an offset in, as in a wall, rod, pipe, etc.
- (n.) In general, that which is set off, from, before, or against, something
- (imp. & p. p.) of Offset
- (n.) A more or less distinct transfer of a printed page or picture to the opposite page, when the pages are pressed together before the ink is dry or when it is poor.
- (n.) A horizontal ledge on the face of a wall, formed by a diminution of its thickness, or by the weathering or upper surface of a part built out from it; -- called also set-off.
- (n.) An abrupt bend in an object, as a rod, by which one part is turned aside out of line, but nearly parallel, with the rest; the part thus bent aside.
- (v. t.) To set off; to place over against; to balance; as, to offset one account or charge against another.
- (n.) A short distance measured at right angles from a line actually run to some point in an irregular boundary, or to some object.
- (n.) A spur from a range of hills or mountains.
- (v. i.) To make an offset.
- (n.) A short prostrate shoot, which takes root and produces a tuft of leaves, etc. See Illust. of Houseleek.
Multi Language Dictionary