• Patrician Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Roman patres (fathers) or senators, or patricians.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or appropriate to, a person of high birth; noble; not plebeian.
- (n.) A person of high birth; a nobleman.
- (n.) Originally, a member of any of the families constituting the populus Romanus, or body of Roman citizens, before the development of the plebeian order; later, one who, by right of birth or by special privilege conferred, belonged to the nobility.
- (n.) One familiar with the works of the Christian Fathers; one versed in patristic lore.
• Patricianism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The rank or character of patricians.