Patron Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Patron meaning in French protecteur. Patron meaning has been search 8245 (eight thousand two hundred and forty-five) times till 10/15/2021. You can also find Patron meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To be a patron of; to patronize; to favor.
- (n.) A guardian saint. -- called also patron saint.
- (n.) See Padrone, 2.
- (n.) An advocate or pleader.
- (n.) A master who had freed his slave, but still retained some paternal rights over him.
- (n.) One who has gift and disposition of a benefice.
- (n.) A man of distinction under whose protection another person placed himself.
- (n.) One who protects, supports, or countenances; a defender.
- (n.) One who encourages or helps a person, a cause, or a work; a furtherer; a promoter; as, a patron of art.
- (a.) Doing the duty of a patron; giving aid or protection; tutelary.
Multi Language Dictionary