Peck Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Peck meaning in French coup de bec. Peck meaning has been search 3115 (three thousand one hundred and fifteen) times till 8/9/2022. You can also find Peck meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v.) To seize and pick up with the beak, or as with the beak; to bite; to eat; -- often with up.
- (v.) To make, by striking with the beak or a pointed instrument; as, to peck a hole in a tree.
- (v. i.) To pick up food with the beak; hence, to eat.
- (v.) Hence: To strike, pick, thrust against, or dig into, with a pointed instrument; especially, to strike, pick, etc., with repeated quick movements.
- (v. i.) To make strokes with the beak, or with a pointed instrument.
- (n.) The fourth part of a bushel; a dry measure of eight quarts; as, a peck of wheat.
- (n.) A quick, sharp stroke, as with the beak of a bird or a pointed instrument.
- (n.) A great deal; a large or excessive quantity.
- (v.) To strike with the beak; to thrust the beak into; as, a bird pecks a tree.
Multi Language Dictionary