• Perch Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To occupy as a perch.
- (n.) A measure of length containing five and a half yards; a rod, or pole.
- (n.) Any fresh-water fish of the genus Perca and of several other allied genera of the family Percidae, as the common American or yellow perch (Perca flavescens, / Americana), and the European perch (P. fluviatilis).
- (n.) In land or square measure: A square rod; the 160th part of an acre.
- (v. t.) To place or to set on, or as on, a perch.
- (n.) In solid measure: A mass 16/ feet long, 1 foot in height, and 1/ feet in breadth, or 24/ cubic feet (in local use, from 22 to 25 cubic feet); -- used in measuring stonework.
- (n.) A pole; a long staff; a rod; esp., a pole or other support for fowls to roost on or to rest on; a roost; figuratively, any elevated resting place or seat.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of spiny-finned fishes belonging to the Percidae, Serranidae, and related families, and resembling, more or less, the true perches.
- (v. i.) To alight or settle, as a bird; to sit or roost.
- (n.) A pole connecting the fore gear and hind gear of a spring carriage; a reach.
• Perchlorate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A salt of perchloric acid.
• Perchromic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or designating, a certain one of the highly oxidized compounds of chromium, which has a deep blue color, and is produced by the action of hydrogen peroxide.