Pinch Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Pinch meaning in French pincement. Pinch meaning has been search 3218 (three thousand two hundred and eighteen) times till 10/26/2021. You can also find Pinch meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To seize by way of theft; to steal; also, to catch; to arrest.
- (n.) As much as may be taken between the finger and thumb; any very small quantity; as, a pinch of snuff.
- (n.) A close compression, as with the ends of the fingers, or with an instrument; a nip.
- (v. i.) To take hold; to grip, as a dog does.
- (v. t.) o seize; to grip; to bite; -- said of animals.
- (v. t.) To plait.
- (v. t.) Figuratively: To cramp; to straiten; to oppress; to starve; to distress; as, to be pinched for money.
- (v. t.) To move, as a railroad car, by prying the wheels with a pinch. See Pinch, n., 4.
- (n.) Pian; pang.
- (v. i.) To spare; to be niggardly; to be covetous.
- (v. t.) To press hard or squeeze between the ends of the fingers, between teeth or claws, or between the jaws of an instrument; to squeeze or compress, as between any two hard bodies.
- (v. i.) To act with pressing force; to compress; to squeeze; as, the shoe pinches.
- (n.) A lever having a projection at one end, acting as a fulcrum, -- used chiefly to roll heavy wheels, etc. Called also pinch bar.
Multi Language Dictionary