• Pivoting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pivot
• Pivot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The end of a shaft or arbor which rests and turns in a support; as, the pivot of an arbor in a watch.
- (n.) The officer or soldier who simply turns in his place whike the company or line moves around him in wheeling; -- called also pivot man.
- (n.) A fixed pin or short axis, on the end of which a wheel or other body turns.
- (n.) Hence, figuratively: A turning point or condition; that on which important results depend; as, the pivot of an enterprise.
- (v. t.) To place on a pivot.