• Queries Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Query
• Query Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To ask questions; to make inquiry.
- (n.) A question in the mind; a doubt; as, I have a query about his sincerity.
- (n.) A question; an inquiry to be answered or solved.
- (v. t.) To doubt of; to regard with incredulity.
- (v. t.) To put questions about; to elicit by questioning; to inquire into; as, to query the items or the amount; to query the motive or the fact.
- (n.) An interrogation point [?] as the sign of a question or a doubt.
- (v. i.) To have a doubt; as, I query if he is right.
- (v. t.) To write " query" (qu., qy., or ?) against, as a doubtful spelling, or sense, in a proof. See Quaere.
- (v. t.) To address questions to; to examine by questions.