• Rad Definition & Synonyms
- () imp. & p. p. of Read, Rede.
• Ra Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A roe; a deer.
• Raddle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument consisting of a wooden bar, with a row of upright pegs set in it, used by domestic weavers to keep the warp of a proper width, and prevent tangling when it is wound upon the beam of the loom.
- (v. t.) To mark or paint with, or as with, raddle.
- (n.) A hedge or fence made with raddles; -- called also raddle hedge.
- (v. t.) To interweave or twist together.
- (n.) A red pigment used in marking sheep, and in some mechanical processes; ruddle.
- (n.) A long, flexible stick, rod, or branch, which is interwoven with others, between upright posts or stakes, in making a kind of hedge or fence.
• Radial engine Definition & Synonyms
- () An engine, usually an internal-combustion engine of a certain type (the radial type) having several cylinders arranged radially like the spokes of a complete wheel. The semiradial engine has radiating cylinders on only one side of the crank shaft.