• Rallies Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A French political group, also known as the Constitutional Right from its position in the Chambers, mainly monarchists who rallied to the support of the Republic in obedience to the encyclical put forth by Pope Leo XIII. in Feb., 1892.
- (pl. ) of Rally
• Rally Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To use pleasantry, or satirical merriment.
- (v. i.) To recover strength after a decline in prices; -- said of the market, stocks, etc.
- (n.) Good-humored raillery.
- (v. i.) To come into orderly arrangement; to renew order, or united effort, as troops scattered or put to flight; to assemble; to unite.
- (v. i.) To collect ones vital powers or forces; to regain health or consciousness; to recuperate.
- (n.) A political mass meeting.
- (v. t.) To collect, and reduce to order, as troops dispersed or thrown into confusion; to gather again; to reunite.
- (v. t.) To attack with raillery, either in good humor and pleasantry, or with slight contempt or satire.
- (n.) The act or process of rallying (in any of the senses of that word).