• Rational Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Relating to the reason; not physical; mental.
- (a.) Having reason, or the faculty of reasoning; endowed with reason or understanding; reasoning.
- (a.) Expressing the type, structure, relations, and reactions of a compound; graphic; -- said of formulae. See under Formula.
- (a.) Agreeable to reason; not absurd, preposterous, extravagant, foolish, fanciful, or the like; wise; judicious; as, rational conduct; a rational man.
- (n.) A rational being.
• Rationale Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) An explanation or exposition of the principles of some opinion, action, hypothesis, phenomenon, or the like; also, the principles themselves.